PUG Stock Market Analysis, LLC | Technical Analysis Blog

PUG Stock Market Analysis is here to help with SP500, QQQ, IWM, Gold technical analysis, stock analysis and more.

  • Meta

  • Follow Blog via Email

    Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

  • Subscribe

  • PUG Wave Labeling

    SCI-SCV, SCA-SCC: Super Cycle
    C1-C5, CA-CC :Cycle
    P1-P5, PA-PC : Primary
    [1]-[5], [A]-[C] : Major
    1-5, A-C : Minor
    (1)-(5), (a)-(c) : Minute
    i-v, a-b : Minuette
    Primary Count:
    White/Green (Bull Market)
    White/Red (Bear Market)
    Alternate Count: Blue

  • Categories

  • Archives

June 7th, 2022: SP-500 Chart Update

Posted by pugsma on June 7, 2022

6:30 pm EST: The SP-500 gaped down from 4121 to 4098, quickly hit 4080 (day’s low), rallied the rest of the day to 4165 (day’s high) and closed 4161.

Technical Analysis: Print SharpCharts from StockCharts.com

  1. NYMO: Closed up at +60 and has remained solidly above the zero line for 10 days.
  2. NYSE A-D Line Cumulative: On Friday, May 27th, the NYSE A-D Line Cumulative closed above the level when the SP-500 closed at 4308. The NYSE A-D Line has been leading the SP500 price.
  3. VIX: Closed down -4.2% at 24.02
  4. NYSE Volume: The NYSE had three consecutive days of > 80% upside volume on May 25th (83%), May 26th (87%) and May 27th (86%)This signal is indicative of a major market bottom. Since year 1970 there have 10 of 12 signals (83%) were major bottoms that lead to new all-time highs. The other 2 of 12 (17%) signals were near major bottoms that made one additional lower low and then made all-time new highs.
  5. Chart Pattern: On the 15-min chart there is a triangle between 4074 and 4168 that has a measured move target at 4262.

Wave Counts:

  1. The primary (white/green) wave count has the P2-C3 low at 3810, which is right at the 38% Fibonacci retrace of P1-C3. The minor 1 of major [1]-P3-C3 wave up is underway. Minute (4) of minor 1 appears to be playing out as a triangle wave between 4074 and 4168, which above the 38% Fib retrace is at 4057. Once the minute (4) triangle completes, the minute (5) target is at (5)=(1) at 4251 to complete minor 1. There is also a higher target at (5)=1.62(1) at 4357. Once the minor 1 wave completes, there will be a significant pull-back for minor 2 to at least the 50% Fib at 4031 (basis minor 1 completing at 4251). Then the minor 3, 4, and 5 waves will take the Major [1]-P3 initial target up to near 5000 into the spring to early summer of 2023, see the daily chart.  Note: The primary (white/green) wave count is valid above 4074.
  2. The alternate (blue) wave count is that minor 1 of major [1]-P3-C3 completed at 4177. The minor 2 wave pull-back in underway with at 50% Fib retrace target of 3994. Note: The alternate (blue) wave count is valid above 3810.

SP-500 15-min chart:

SP500 Technical Analysis

SP-500 60-min chart:

SPP500 Technical Analysis

SP-500 4-hr chart:

SP500 Technical Analysis

SP-500 daily chart:

SP500 Technical Analysis

3 Responses to “June 7th, 2022: SP-500 Chart Update”

  1. AT said

    Pug would love to get your insights on why you think wave 1 May be over – more from a learning perspective

    • AT said

      Thank you !! Seeing a potential triangle form near the second half of the day – or either a W4 of wave C of e OR a wave b triangle for wave 2 down ?

  2. MS53 said

    it’s at 3978.50 from May 25/26. Right at your rectangle MM target of 3980.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

%d bloggers like this: